Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Don't fall in love until after November 18?

When Venus is retrograde, it's really more about finances than romance, but still...

Venus is about what we value and about how we value our selves and sometimes how we value others for how they bring out the value in us. So I don't light candles to help someone draw a love interest when Venus is retro.

It's a good time to get rid of old baggage from previous romantic clashes. It's a good time to redefine what we value and what we're looking for. It's a good time to meet someone from our past, rekindle an old relationship, or get our finances in order.

It's a good time to decorate -- or to do what I was doing before I started writing this: planning next year's flower garden.

Venus retrograde is "incoming value". So, if you meet someone new, you're not seeing them as themselves, you're projecting yourelf outward, falling in love with your mirrored image in an "other".

As for money, we spend too much, because "we're worth it". Or because we think we're not worth it and need to consol ourselves or as a defiant reaction to thinking others don't value us. Or we buy something for someone else that we want ourselves. I paid $8 for a Goddess pendant. On the day Venus went retrograde. I bought it FOR Goddess (It's on my altar).

I got several requests for readings about romance on the day Venus went retrograde. If I'd been paying attention, I could have skipped the readings and, using horary astrology instead, came up with the same answer the cards gave.

I believe Venus went retrograde at 13 degees Scorpio and will be returning to visit 27 Libra. The degrees between 27 Libra and 13 Scorpio will be getting trampled on by the planet of Values. Anything in our charts that are conjunct, square or opposite will be getting a lot of activity.

How it works is the transiting planet touches that point in your chart in whatever aspect it does and then moves on forward past it. Then when it goes retrograde, it backs up and hits that same note again. When the transiting planet goes direct, it'll tweak that same point one more time.

The first time might get our attention, but maybe not in an outloud kind of way. The second one gives us more insight if we're paying attention. The third is a chance to resolve whatever is going on.

Check your charts if you want to know how Venus retrograde affects you.

No comments: