Monday, October 3, 2011

The last day of September... (walk in the woods)

This is the homeplace

On the last day of September, the weather was a mild chill and the air was full of mist and mystery. I went walking from the homeplace down through the woods, to the creek that runs through. Mushrooms, purple, yellow, white, brown and the little inky caps all were peeking out from here and there.

I had the most astounding sense of well being on the last day of September. It was, maybe, the first day that the month didn't feel tilted. 


1 comment:

B. WHITTINGTON said...

We look the world over for where we want to be and often it's right where we are. Or nearby anyway.
Loved this short piece.
I'm still working on rewriting novel and not much else done on any other writing. I miss the creative part of it. THis editing is grunt work!
Blessings, B