Well, what is usually my least favorite month has gone by and has been a good one. Tonight, it's a little like all the February gunk has save itself up for right now. I'm lazy is all. I don't want to do any of the things I do. Spin, knit, read -- and we don't have television -- so I've not got a distraction tonight. Usually, that's fine and I'm generally thinking the day went by too quickly and I didn't get everything done I was wanting to do.
But this evening, no... I don't want to do anything. But I'm not all peacefully being here and enjoying NOT doing anything, either. I'm just wondering around. Checked FB a hundred times and it's all just same old, same old. We know about ole number #45 being an ass -- don't need to keep rehashing it all -- even though everyday is another terrible thing he has caused and another stupid thing he has said or done. When George Bush is sounding like a voice of reason, you know something is out of kilter.
I haven't wanted to write lately. So much fun to write that last novel I wrote. It was fun to teach classes this year, too. Right now, though, the mere thought makes me tired. I know this is transient -- and it's what depression feels like. It won't last. Probably by tomorrow, I'll be moving so fast, wanting to do everything at once, the way I usually am, bemoaning the fact that there are not more hours in a day -- or that the hours seem to go by so much more quickly. I'd swear that hours were longer when i was a kid.
But here it is, last day of February and it's been a good month. We went to Huntington twice to visit Sarah -- two weekends in a row and the weather was nice (too nice for this time of year). We went to some movies this year. Saw Hidden Figures.
I've been sorting books -- trying to get as many as I can out of boxes. I suppose I have too many, but they're all so good. I want to read about twenty of them I haven't read yet -- Just finished Alice Hoffman's A Marriage of Opposites. I've got a few I'm in the middle of and have lost interest. I have several boxes full to use when we open the little lending libraries.
Alright. Enough of this. See if I can find some energy and get something done.
No comments:
Post a Comment