I find many things spiritfull. Rain, mist (which I like to spell myst), midnight, twilight, the undark of early morning just before Sunna rises, the moment Sunna comes over the hill, when the moon is a crescent, when Heimdall's bow is in the sky, when Thunder rolls (Hail Thor!), and when I walk alone on some woodspath, curving country road, or deserted city street (when the sky is grey), and when I spin a thread and get that the thread of this is unbroken, from the first Spinner all the way through and to the thread in my own hand.
I'm rather fanciful. You know that mist that rises from where water lives in the hollows of the hills? To me, that's spirits taking flight. Folks from the other side have gathered to parlay down by the water's side -- water holds a charge and is a perfect medium -- and they've taken delight in telling story of what they've seen and now they're rising on the beams of Sunna's light to dissipate and travel once more, see what they can see and influence any they can. Sometimes I light a bit of sage and waft it toward them. I miss not having been raised as part of a whole village of people who knew these things.
The milkyway is a road across the sky. I think we all go walk that road when we get through with the stories of this lifetime. I think we rest awhile and assimilate what we've learned and get our stories ready for the next round. I think we know each other then, "we know as we're known" and not through a glass darkly. There is no judgement on the other side of this life. Those of us who've walked a good path gather around those who need healing, those who've walked with an ill wind, those who caused pain and grief (sometimes even to us), and we sit wtih them there until healing comes and they find their Self once more.
I think, too, that many of us choose to wait awhile before we walk that road to the setting sun. Which is why some folks seem nearer when they pass on. For awhile, anyway. And sometimes, when the veil between the worlds is thin, there is much crossing over, between here and there and even more between there and here.
I think every life is a volunteer life. I think we made agreements between lifetimes, chose our parents, chose our friends, our enemies, our frienemies and all the lessons we've learned.
I think everyone makes it. What it is and how you define that, in the final analysis, defines you.
No comments:
Post a Comment