I'm rearranging a lot of things to accommodate Winter. This icy guest has arrived for a short visit and soon will move in for an extended stay. The upstairs, where heat goes to dissipate through an uninsulated roof will be closed for the season. I watched to see where drifts lay to know where to make my paths to the stable and the woodpile. Yards and yards of thick clear plastic are on the shopping list. And warmer gloves.
We went to feed for a neighbor. We'll be doing this for about a week. She has chickens, sheep, dogs, cats, one alpaca (why did that seem to need capitalized?) and our goat, Lilly. One of the sheep is ours too. Her name is PanDi. She's a darling. I don't know if we will bring her here or let her winter-over with our neighbor's sheep.
My altar is in the kitchen now. I like having it there. Frigg's candle is burning and prayers, I know will be spontaneous and often, as they are when the altar is in the kitchen. It seems such a natural. Why did I think it needed a special place of its own.
Hello Winter, am I up to meeting you?
1 comment:
Winter is a little rougher where you are, Kate, and I think you and Mark are certainly up to her challenges. You've been through it enough times to know what tricks she can play. Lovely photos!
Post a Comment