Wednesday, September 25, 2013

feeling crafty

Tree Orbs


I wasn't doing anything and there was this paint laying there and a picture I intended to give to the goodwill (it was still life and rather dismal).

There was also a top to a bedside table, one of those cheap things with dowels as legs.

So I made these.
Blessed Be This House
In this picture, I like the orb that is hanging on the branch. I'll keep making these trees until I get one like the one I'm thinking These trees are too skinny. I got one in mind though. All I need is another throwaway picture -- and a bit more paint.

This other picture to the left has a remnant of a previous attempt. I kept the cauldron from something I painted a few years back. I'm not fond of the sun/moon in this one, and could have chosen a better background color, but it is what it is. I'm pleased with the quilt squares. By air and fire, by land and Sea, by Moon and Sun, So Shall It Be!                                                                                      

                 Maybe I'll paint a quilt next.

3 comments:

B. WHITTINGTON said...

I like both pieces, very different.
Happy to see you on here.
I've been away awhile now. Just too many other things eating up my time.
Blessings.

B. WHITTINGTON said...

I like both pieces, very different.
Happy to see you on here.
I've been away awhile now. Just too many other things eating up my time.
Blessings.

Granny Kate said...

Thank you, Barb! You are an awesome friend.