Journals de Art
art journal techniques
Art JournalingThis is probably the OLDEST and the NEWEST of the things I've found to interest me. Once, I chose an old book and Guessoed (is that a word?) a few pages (actually, many pages -- many, many pages). But it seemed daunting. The book was too big and I was too small. Plus we moved to a farm and I spent the whole day farming. Plus, I have Gemini rising...
I know what they say -- "Gemini, stay thyself!" If you run hither/yon, you'll never get anywhere.
But are they telling true?
Cause baby, I've been
places
It's about the journey, not the destination. And a Gemini journey has DISCOVERY at its heart.
I've got Jupiter retrograde in the first house--
a lot of journeys go inward --
and I relate by finding you in me.
I look for familiarity,
Do you draw?
I scribble too,
It's one of the many Gemini things I do.
This is a partial list of what I like to do:
Spin
Knit
Paint
Write
Play the dulcimer
Do Tai Chi
Spin Poi
Take long walks
Read
Study (all manner of things)
I SAY GEMINI! Choose something and make it go until it gets there.
But dude, I'm getting there -- Gemini style. I ain't where I've been, but I'm not where I'm going. Except.... I am both of those, too.
I have given devotion to many fine arts -- studied them long and hard and continue doing so. Daily.
But I give a bit to these other things as well. And it's just as well. In each thing I do, I find a bit. I learn something. And I get somewhere.
But most of all, MOST of all, I have fun getting there.
No comments:
Post a Comment