Wednesday, November 19, 2014

New changes taking shape (September 20, 2014 -- updated November 19, 2014 )

Here's an old draft:

Traffic roars by our house that is set off from the road exactly 5 paces and a sidewalk. I don't mind. As long as I can also walk through the woods and climb a hill and walk barefoot in Autumn leaves and green grass occasionally, I'm fine. Don't know how that happened.

For someone whose idea of excitement is sitting by a tree in the woods waiting for wildlife to pass by, this town living should be driving me crazy. It isn't.

That being said, we are moving. I don't know when, but we have both decided to move, so it is now only a matter of timing. We are scouting out where to go next and arranging finances. New changes are taking place.

That was September.

The change began in October. We bought a wee space in Ashevillle, six miles form downtown. Went down twice in October and worked, painted, and then spent Samhain there with two friends. Sometimes we wonder what we were thinking. Then we come back to this sweet, cozy little house in this dead town in WV and we know what we were thinking.

I'm happy most places. Didn't used to be. Had big plans. Wanted soooooo much.  Wanted dark nights without streetlights. Wanted it so bad, it drove me crazy. Wanted animals and to grow a garden -- could feel the soil on my hands when there was no more soil than what the flowerpots held in our upstairs apartment overtop a yarn store/ beauty parlor and a loud country-music bar.  Wanted my own mountains when I lived in others that I didn't "kin". Wanted the house that lives in my head instead of the house I lived in.

Things happened. Time passed. I find now, that I'm rather pleased with myself. I am a Sagittarius, so of course one of my life lessons was to learn to forgive -- forgive myself, mainly.  As far as other people, I choose who I will and who I won't. For those I won't, I forgive myself.

Oh, did this turn out to be a ramble.  Well?  That's what my blog is. It has no form, no way in which things have to be. Sort of like my life.

I'm happy as a clam in our ugly little, sweet, worthless, warm house in this dead town.  For now. It doesn't have a shower or a bathtub and we can afford to put them in only if we are comfortable staying in this dead town. We're not.

So, we're moving on. Slowly. One step at a time.

.

No comments: