Wednesday, November 19, 2014

what's up? (From September 22nd)

Hey, I don't know. Something is. Something is simmering.

My library, for instance. All these spiritual experts whose books line my shelves. Experts. On Spirit. On something noone knows. Alright. I'll accept that Dion Fortune had something. Doreen Valiente,too. And it may be true that Osho is wise, or at least wise-ish. I'm willing to grant that. But my books are leaving me unimpressed.

I wrote that in September.

November 19, 2014:

What it was was a new bend in the path. I fell head over heels in love with a legend. I was obsessed. Still am. So, when it came my turn to write a ritual, I wrote it according to my obsession. We gathered at the lake, in sight of an island, threw a token into the lake and honored both the Lady of the Lake and Merlin. It was awesome! We agreed to carry this theme at Winter Solstice, when our gift to the lake would give its return as something we have let go but which we sorely need -- our once and future power. We would honor Arthur at Solstice.

I thought we made it up.

I had no idea people have been doing this for generations!

http://www.arthuriana.co.uk/n&q/myrddin.htm

http://www.timelessmyths.com/arthurian/merlin.html

The black book of Carmarthan: http://www.llgc.org.uk/index.php?id=blackbookofcarmarthen

Hail Arthur!  Once and Future King,
Hail Merlin, power behind the crown,
Hail to the women whose songs are left to sing,
Your power feared, your wisdom disowned,
Let truth now enter, from texts unknown,
Whispers hidden, sights unseen,
Hail to Nimue, Guinevere, Morgaine,
Your wise ways, too, we ween,
Your story is yet to be told true,
Yet threaded through all we do,
Let the marriage of land, sea, and sky
Find expression through our rites,
Hail to the weaving, the woven, the web,
And the Weavers who guide our steps.

No comments: