First, the definitions you need to know:
ite: a suffix meaning descended from or associated with
hibernate: to enter a dormant state in order to transcend from one season or state of being to another
My spiritual path practices are at their basic low right now. They are on what I'd call, my "automatic pilot" setting.The things I've trained myself to do daily, I still do. I'm not adding a lot of things to that. I'm not writing new rituals, learning new subjects, not even ready to read new books. I look at the line-up of Pagan titles and they don't thrill me at this time. It's a bit -- "been there, done that". I don't think I'm alone in this and I don't think there's anything wrong with it or with me. There are growing seasons and dormant seasons in nature and we are part of nature.
What I do know is that it's good to allow for these times and not worry about them. We don't have a God who is going to feel insecure if we're not pouring out libations every day or every week or even every full moon.
I know, from experience, that these times are precursors to great surges of energy that open for us in ritual when we finally get there, to that point again where everything is magic. It sometimes take effort to get there --something simple like taking a long walk in the woods or doing a bit of drumming. Other times, the magic surprises you where you are.
If you are in this space at this time, don't worry about it. Don't feel guilty over not being the wild witch you were. Allow for the dormancy and dreaming. Do what you've taught yourself to do to keep the connection strong -- your prayers and candles and whatever it is you've trained and maintained in yourself.
Then allow the dormant season its time. Just like Springtime which is alive underneath the winter snow, you'll see everything blooming again.
No comments:
Post a Comment