Late, late in the evening, nearly nine or so, I went walking, spoke to a couple deer who lifted their heads and then went back to what they were doing. Heard something else off in the woods, but couldn't figure what it was. Got buzzed by some kind of winged creature. Otherwise, met no one nor nothing on the walk. I haven't had time to think about what a change this move is going to make. To be able to do the things I wanted to do for so long -- look at the stars instead of street lights, go for walks anytime, through woods and fields that don't have no tresspassing signs on them. I haven't even had time to think of the other things too much -- raising goats and chickens and fiber rabbits. I think of it for moments at a time and then get back to cleaning, mending, painting, and now, clearing away fallen trees and limbs and debris from the storm.
Today is day 8 since the storm and we don't have electricity yet. Haven't missed it too much, but it'll be nice when it's on again. We have it now in Rainelle and just took our first hot shower, washed some dishes without fetching or heating the water first.
I just got my first "missing" of the little house in Rainelle. I don't like the town or the location -- not impressed by our yard there which is too barren for my liking. I like my little herb garden, but that's going with me. But the little house itself has been a good one. Solid. And it kept the critters out. Me and the new old house have not yet bonded. It's still the place where I'm putting my things and hoping it won't do them damage. My books, especially.
We'll fix it up until it's lovely and true, but it'll take awhile. Electricit will help. For that reason, I guess I hope they get it on soon. But oh! these nights without it have been golden.
No comments:
Post a Comment