Morning rite.
Morning prayer.
Checked on the animals.
a bit of Tai Chi
And then I cooked breakfast.
clocked often into FB to see what folks were saying.
Made some no-bake cookies.
Took Pearl for a walk
I spun a bit of yarn. I spun poi. Found out Pearl's been taught to chase and retrieve sticks. My poi staff has teeth marks.
I milked the goat and fed everyone. Lilly, PanDi, Pearl, and Rhoadie.
J.W.'s found us. Way out here, and they still found us. Turned in at the first gate and drove through the cowfield and hesitated at the second gate, but finally opened it. The woman stayed in the car. The man stood with his papers in the yard. I didn't bother telling him we were Pagan. I always like that. I like that they get tongue tied and speechless. But this time, I didn't.
And Pearl, our big yard dog who usually greets every guest with her massive and impressive size? She was asleep on the porch and ignored the whole situation.
A big drunk fellow with a shotgun over his arm weaved through the place. A creepy guy named Ernie. It is not hunting season right now, but clearly that's what he was doing. Again, no help from Pearl -- but then, that may have been a good thing -- the guy probably would have thought he was polar bear hunting.
We drove out to Alta station for a few needfuls. Money is non-existent right now. No one is making their payments. I have done no Christmas shopping. We stopped at the post office and visited with Amy. Got in a movie from Net Flix and the last season of McCleoud's Daughters. I plan a feast for movie time -- popcorn and small grilled sandwiches and no-bake cookies.
We'll end the day with his guitar and my dulcimer. Peaceful moments by the woodfire that heats half a room on these cold days. Bedtime is 9 pm. I'm three days from being 59 and still trying to figure what I'd like to do with my life. Soon I'll look back and know whatever it was, I've done it.
ho-ho-ho 12-12-12
No comments:
Post a Comment