Thursday, December 27, 2012

Day of The Christ Mas

I know some who write it as CHRISTmas -- implying long i. I have several  FB pals who do that. What they are defending, I can't imagine -- it's not like they have any sense about what a real walk with the force called Jesus would be. Five minutes with the true christ-force would show them there is no division between Christ and Pan.

Today, I was bummed out because we weren't with the kids, the kids weren't with us. I was slamming pots and pans around in the kitchen, when Honey says, "Let's go for a drive."

The roads here are slush and ice in the middle of the day, but we slipped  up Flynn's Creek to the elaborate Christmas scene at the end of the road. Small place on Pembroke decorates big -- come around the turn and it looks like Vegas. All those lights on a dark country night. Middle of the day it looks like the lawn needs a good cleaning -- all wires and plastic.

Honey and I scraped our monies together and thought we'd get Chinese food to have us a bit of a celebration, but the local place in the 'burg is closed on Christmas. C'mon folks, do you not get that THIS is what some people do on Christmas?

To protest, we bought a bag of fortune cookies and drew one each. Mine said:



 "Do not let what you can't do interfere with what you can do."





3 comments:

B. WHITTINGTON said...

I'm trying to learn to do just that Kate. Not let what I can't do keep me from doing what I can do. It's hard when you've been put down by an illness. BUT I'm coming back. energy level is up and I plan to do the things I can do and not think about the ones I cannot.
Blessings, B

DutchHexSign said...

Best advice from a fortune cookie ever!

Granny Kate said...



Barbara, I know what you're saying. I've had my years when illness kept me low. It is very hard to pull up when you can't get up.

Jj, the best advice from a fortune cookie would be: "Yes, you can do that!"

Odd as it may seem, fortune cookies often have something relevant to say to me.

I have gotten the same one 4 times, at a time when the same thing was happening in my life. And it was a comfort one about things not always going to be the way they are at the moment.