Monday, December 24, 2012

today

Mayan day: White Lunar Dog -- in the wavespell Red Moon.

We've got icy rain here in the mountains. Where I'm sitting, it doesn't look like we're in the mountains, it's flat and the wind blows and when the snow falls, most of it drifts away.

Except right in front of my milkroom door and a skift about a foot out from the barn door.

The house is of the cold variety. I'm not complaining. You simply wear layers. It's the kind of place to wear an undershirt all winter long. I know enough not to take that undershirt off the first warm day. I hear the older ones talk when I was a kid. Sure way to get pneumonia is to wear an undershirt all winter for warmth, staying healthy in a cold house -- then take it off some sweet morning in late March and find yourself with a season-change kind of cold, at the very least.

(more later) time to dump the ashes.

1 comment:

B. WHITTINGTON said...

Just stopping in to say hello at blogs I've been missing.
Hope all is well with you and yours. Pancreas still not well and husband has heart issues. Not breathing well either. He has an appt to learn what his options are. Just got out of hosp.
Blessings to you and yours. Barb