Thursday, April 18, 2013

37th anniversary

April 17, 1976

We've been on a journey that's just begun,
hill paths and winding dirt roads,
tap tap of city streets following drum beats,
and up the sides of hills
 and dipping down in low greenlands where rivers flow

We catch the river's flow,
we watch the ripples in the tide,
we watch surf hit sand and riverfalls crash tumble rocks,
We burn brighter than night stars,
You and me and Orion are constant friends,
You and I
Me and You
We been to see things, moving... moving...moving
Because there is more to life than one sunset over one hill
We capture the essence, the mystery, the moment,

You and I, wild mountain honey,
You and I sing songs and laugh off the arrows and the slings
of anywho that doesn't get it.. that doesn't get us -- they don't get us,
We take what's to be known and wave in the rearview,
we got places to know, we got peoples to see,
 we got mornings untouched, untampered,
and a myriad of stars to guide us,
Settling down? That's what rocks do.
Ah.... me and you,
We find another road and put our steps to it,
What's around that bend is the mystery made new...



2 comments:

DutchHexSign said...

Blessings on your anniversary! Enjoy the next tale, the next bend, the next view.

Myself, I'm glad to be a rock. The rolling was necessary but gathering comforting moss now is a pleasant pass time.

Granny Kate said...

I expect we'll not always be rolling stones and that we'll settle in some green and shady place someday -- when the stars lead us there.