Friday, February 19, 2010

motivation found me

You can't chant and stay lethargic. Doesn't go together.

I'm enjoying the powwow chants right now. They link us to what some of our ancestors knew. Our mothers and grandmothers kept old ways -- even if they had to keep them quiet to keep from getting "churched" by the man religion everyone followed for so long. The old ways stayed just below the surface and was stronger for it.

I remember when I really felt I needed help, I'd go to the woods or go look for God outside. As a child, I'm saying. I loved church, too. I liked the way the sanctuary was all woods-quiet and the way light came in through the doctored up windows the way light comes down through the branches of trees in the woods.

I step into circle now and it's the same thing. I'm there. I'm on holy ground. I take off my shoes and let God/dess send the light.

The PowWow charms, once you take them up and begin them, begin to generate power. And the power changes the one chanting. Suddenly you get the calm assurance that what you ask is given.

The chants are simple but effective. What is magic but changing our own energy so we call what we need.

If I say, "I'm sick" and say it long enough, I will be. Same goes with "I'm well." One of my favorite chants is Fe, vit, frith, grith, heil -- wealth, wisdom, harmony, security, and health.

In Bible terms, "Ask, believing that you have it." You have to know it works. And as soon as you know, your energy changes and you don't send it away, you welcome it in. And the very first time you step into circle, you already know it's working -- even though you've "never done this before". (Because, obviously, at some point you have done this before. In some other lifetime. Or in the pretend of childhood. I remember that. I remember stirring seeds I collected into a potion to heal ills. I didn't read that in a book. I didn't see that on tv. I just did it. Childhood still remembers.)

So, "Three ladies came from the east, two with frost and one with fire, In with the frost, out with the fire..." and a burned hand is healed. How does that work? But I've seen it work. And Ezekiel 16:6, spoken with confidence in the right way will work. (And it doesn't have to be handed down from the opposite gender -- it'll work anyway!).

And again with the Bible reference. Jesus mixed spit with dirt and healed the blind man's eyes. And Jesus wrote some symbols in the dirt and spoke something (no one understood) and the crowd lost it's murder-rage at the woman taken "in sin".

And the Bible says, "Greater things than these shall you do." But when we do things like heal or raise the vibration to where nastiness doesn't want to be there, most Bible folks say we belong to evil. Why is that?

Well, all I know is, when I need help, help is there. And I wouldn't trade my way of doing for a dozen preachers preaching or a whole pencil box full of steeples. Church ways work -- I know, cause I used to follow that path. But my way (for me) works best. Now, I'm not second guessing myself to see if I measure up to what someone behind a pulpit is saying. Now, I measure myself by the good fruit of the work I do. And that, too, is right according to Bible standards.

http://northernway.org/asaprayers.html

No comments: