I've been at it again. Came back from writer's weekend and spent Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday on this much of what will be a tool room. Part of the room will have a wooden floor (already does, in fact) and part will be cement. Once the tool room is done, I can move the tools from what will then be internet central.
Yep, tiny greenman building will have internet. When they visit, all my writers can sit at picnic tables, in the camper, in the bunkhouse (to be built) on the porch, or even inside the wee internet room at the desk under the window. They can travel the world and visit with friends and hopefully do what they do best, write.
My writers:
Mark -- he's my honey -- we've been together since 1976. He didn't always know he was a writer. But once he saw that his wife and all three daughters were married to pen and paper, he found his own muse. He wrote a novel about his spiritual journey: http://www.amazon.com/Song-Forbidden-Mountain-Mark-Dooley/dp/1411698215 and is now in the process of writing a novel and working on a book about his interests in dowsing and energetic healing. He's also got a novel to write -- call it historical fiction.
Jennifer -- writes songs and poetry. She's an artist, too and has a book called BEAUTIFUL CHARLESTON with photos and poetry about Charleston, WV. http://www.amazon.com/beautiful-Charleston-jen-lynch/dp/0974156299
Heather -- writes poetry and stories.She's a teacher now, inspiring her kids to write. You can also hear her from when she worked as reporter for Alleghenie Mountain Radio: http://www.savethesharpfarm.com/news/article.php?article=35 She has poems in Wild Sweet Notes 11 and a blog about shoping, cooking and living Vegan.
Sarah -- has been writing novels since she was about ten years old. They used to all be about horses, but she now writes about other subjects too. (But I bet if you look real hard, you'll find a horse somewhere in her books). Right now, you can find her novel LIVVIE OWN LIVED HERE, and you can pre-order BODY OF WATER. You can find one of Sarah's short stories in a back issue of NEW MOON magazine or you can read it here: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_hb4908/is_5_13/ai_n29263169/
And I'll keep writing too. I have a workbook all about storyfinding. It's already written, but it needs a lot of tlc before it's ready to be seen. It is, of course, dedicated to Saga and my own family of story finders.
Meanwhile, there are boards to saw and nails to pound.
2 comments:
thank you for sharing. The short story is great!
Here, there are Markets to attend and an early rise to load the truck. I am glad to have my truck back; when he was in the shop I missed Artie terribly.
Mark and I both cheered when we heard that Artie was back! I know you've had some rough spots this year too, but you are writing a great story -- just think what all you've accomplished. You're one amazing lady.
Post a Comment