We don't watch television. Sort of. We rent from Netflix and watch one series at a time, one show in the evening, three or four evenings a week. We make popcorn for me and crackers and pb for him. I like my popcorn with nutritional yeast sprinkled on it. No salt. With it, I have a pint jar full of water, lightly flavored with grape juice and cayenne pepper. We have a square of dark chocolate to top of our feast.
We've watched several good series, mostly from somewhere else. Hamish MacBeth was set in Scotland. The Good Neighbors was English. Monarch of the Glen, Scotland, again. We finished watching the last episode of McCleod's Daughters, set in Australia, on the evening when we got back from the family reunion. The show ran for seven seasons and that gave us several months at three or four shows a week. By the time the series ended, all the original characters were gone. In the final show, two of the originals came back and it was a bit like family reunion. We both cheered to see Meg and Jodie. That's a bit too wrapped up in a series.
Still...
We're looking for the next one to get hooked on.I could use a good ole' diversion -- something like Dharma and Greg set in the Alps or Northern Exposure set in the Outback.
In another subject entirely (or possibly the same one), I haven't gotten that duck your head and watch the sky for dark clouds kind of feeling for a long time. I'm going to blame this one on the moon. We're three days from new.
Ah well... the sun has come out to chase away today's rain and my lovely blue bike hasn't had a run lately. In lieu of tv, I think I'll coast down to the park and smell the wild flowers.
Later: I didn't smell wild flowers. I rode to the island where the kid and I would have gone had she been here. There, the smell was creosote and old oak logs. Then I wove the streets the kid would have traveled and back through the park.
Now the sun is down and only a faint light in the sky. Still time to spin a bit of that new roving before bedtime. And maybe cruise Netflix, looking for a new show.
No comments:
Post a Comment