Sunday, December 11, 2011

Down one road and then another...

This year, I've sampled a lot of interests I'd laid by -- things I wanted to learn when I was a kid or on up into my younger married life. Internet. It's a magic mirror, a crystal ball -- it brings you teachers from near and far. I studied the Hebrew alphabet --  learned a bit of yodeling with Bonnie --  practised blues harmonica -- I learned new tunings for my mountain dulcimer -- I cruised through the 8 silken steps of one brance of Thi Chi -- danced the five rhythms with Gabriella Roth -- learned basic poi -- got acquainted with facts about Boer goats and dropped in on Nancy Today to relearn how to make snow candles.

But there is one thing the internet can't teach you. To focus. For this, I need a good long walk in the brisk air of a sunny December day.

Like this one.

No comments: