Once we decided to move rather than try to get the landlord to do the right thing and fix the chimney, moving is all I can think about. I want out of here ---- yesterday.
So... today -- first day in a long time that I've actually been...not warm (that would be asking a lot), but not freezing, I'm ready to tackle this place and begin again with -- what is most important and what can get left till last. And what I don't need at all.
Moving to a smaller house (I never did get big house attitude).
It's a good day for packing!
1 comment:
y'know, Kate, I think you have the wandering in your bones and will never, however much you think you want it, ever "settle."
Just watching you from afar tends to bring up anxiety. I think this is because you are sure, or you sound it, or want to be... and they you are not.
Very much a contrast from how I was in my moving days. At first I always felt unsettled, unnerved, never "home." But I knew the moving times would last until they were done, do I took to seeing myself as a potted plant. A good size flower pot, is, after all, a place for roots that can be moved without trauma. And that worked for many years, surprisingly to me. It really did. And now I am here, and out of the pot and the roots spread in the soil and that is good too.
I hope you can find something that works for you where you both, and all the critters, can be content and at home.
Post a Comment