Welcome to my woodfire,this virtual hearth, with the magic humming and the tea brewing and the books spilling over. That music in the background, that's my Honey playing his guitar, or it could be Addie Bell, my little mountain dulcimer or the rain on a tin roof, or the windriver singing way up high. Here in the hills, there's music everywhere you give a listen. So, sit a spell and lets listen together.
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
An old post from last summer --The where the hell-am-I blues
Looking out my window
Beauty I see,
But where oh where do I see me,
There's an empty barn, and a shed that leans,
And a piney wind blowing cross the evergreens,
Beauty by the acre and a sky that's blue,
But where am I and where are you
This house is so big I can dance and twirl
If I feel like it, I'll give it a whirl,
Beauty by the acre and plenty of room,
But where oh where are we
I got a china cabinet full of pretties to see
A player piano that sings to me
There's a stairway built in 1862
But I still have where the hell am I blues,
But I don't recognize anything I see,
I got those just moved in, don't know where I am,
I got those just moved in to a new house blues.......
Yeah.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment