Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Amazing Journeys of a Sage

Yeah... as if I could write that. Sage is a cat. But not just a cat, as if there were such a thing as "just" a cat. She is a mystic. Twice she's gone missing. The first time, the cards said she'd accidently been taken. Likely climbed in a car window and found a snoozy place in the sun and then the car drove to its destination. The cards also said the ones who took her thought she was pretty, so it may have been they took the pretty cat on purpose.

She was gone for weeks and when she got home, she was thin and her feet were in a mess. She'd obviously walked back to Best Friend, (our youngest daughter, Sarah).

This time, though, she came up missing on the same night someone trashed Sarah's yard. So we thought the worst, but didn't want to think the worst.

But the cards told us the situation that was around the place and this somehow influenced Sage to go on walk-about. Since ENDINGS rode the sky, this had us a bit spooked. But since the reading was for Sage, this only meant we needed to keep protection going. It wasn't about Sage, because it wasn't in the area that is about her. Fool was in the "self" placement for Sage. Fool is no Fool. Fool is the Innocent, faithful one who seeks to follow Spirit rather than the Physical.

The runes had Ice and Fire -- Things hung up but needed to melt and move on -- (Isa and Sun).

My book of the I-Ching is by Deng Ming-Dao and is called THE LIVING I-CHING. I have several I use and I change from time to time, but I really like this one the best. I read FOR Sage and got Hexagram 52 -- Stilling.

It says: One stills one's back
And does not move one's body.
There is movement in one's courtyard,
Yet one does not see one's people.
No fault.

And the text of my most used I-Ching Workbook said: STOP YOUR THOUGHTS NOW!
Don't project into the situation.

The poem that is with STILLING in the Living I-CHING is lovely:

I cannot ride
farther than the cliff's edge. Ahead,
ridges of snow
smother the north frontier.

A hundred lands
must lie beyond the horizon.
A hundred stars
shine but cannot be touched.

while I fret, small
as a cricket on a boulder,
too weak to cross
even the slightest crack,

and then I think
of this mountain ledge that stops me.
I imagine
that I am the mountain,

and when I do,
the stars and distant lands revolve
around my heart
of stillness and silence.

Lovely, but gave me the idea that Sage had once more been carried off to some distance and she's older now and everything is changing and would she return before the kids have to move? STOP YOUR THOUGHTS NOW! Stop projecting, said the oracles.

So I asked my friends and one said, "I started to pull a rune, but got a strong "NO!" and I'm going to set protection for Sage now."

Another wrote, "You may think this is crazy, but Sage is on walk-about, off speaking with her Gods about the situation. She'll be back."

Mark played his music and in the song, saw the Five of Diamonds (or five of earth) Mark doesn't know the cards. But he said this Five of Diamonds was the key to the whole thing, what needs to move so that all the other cards come into place the right way. Since he was addressing the issue of Sage, looking for Sage, then this had to mean Sage was addressing this issue in some way.

Osho says of this card: You feel as if you are an outsider. You are not connected. But you are connected to the Universe. You can't see this. The only way to see this is to go to Source -- you have to go deep down to the Source, to awareness, watchfullness and witnessing, there you see that you are connected.

I lit candles and called to Sage. I lit more candles when those were gone. In the middle of the night, I called her name and told her that Sarah needed her. Go home.

Sage is a wise mentor, teaching us to go inward, be calm, look to the inner wisdom. It's said that the Ascended Ones come to guide us in this walk, this school of life. Sometimes they are seen and sometimes unseen. Sometimes they are wise Teachers, sometimes they come in dreams. This time, the Helper is a cat. Her name is Sage.

Sage returned in the evening, yesterday, as if she'd never been gone, chose a place of honor in the home and began to arrange herself in comfort, after downing a large portion of her favorite food. Then she condescended to be brushed and even graced her Best Friend with her mantra-chant, by purring her words of comfort.

Where did you go, Wise One? Who did you talk to? What are the names of your Gods?

Maybe someday, you'll channel the story of your adventures to the young writer you call Friend.

No comments: