Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Story-finding

The only way to find elements of story for anyone else is to feel the differences in astrological influences in my own story. The moon strumming the planets in my chart tells me more about emotional content of other stories when I'm reading them. I experience moon square my natal sun and the loss of energy, the lethargy and the unease. When I see moon square sun in someone else's story, I know how that feels.

Often with Tarot, I'll feel the card before I can find words for what it means. Images come that have nothing to do with the card. I'll remember a scene, feel the weather on a particular day, or an emotion will pass through like a cloud floating by. I shift the cards around and feelings shift with them.

Numbers are more analytical, less in the emotions, but sometimes I get the story from them in unusual ways. A 7 in a numerology chart will show me a person with a particular tilt of the chin, behind her a whole wall of books, bound in leather. A 9 will show someone giving away something he needed and then looking at his empty hands with bewilderment.

Until I learned about the Handmaidens, the Goddesses who assist Frigga, astrology was all about memorization. Once I saw the connection between these Goddesses and the astrological energies, story took over and there was life in the charts I looked into.

Fulla is of the stream of energy known as Taurus. She holds tight to the treasure chest that belongs to Goddess frigga. Like Taurus, she is ruled by "what is valued". She loves the tangible, even something as lowly and practical and beautiful as shoes. Continuing that stream of energy, I see where Taurus is in someone's chart and likewise, where Venus is found. I look to see if the person is more inclined toward Venus as ruler of Taurus or Venus as ruler of Libra -- always there is something in a chart which shows this.

Rather than adding more steps to reading the life in a chart, sensing this stream gives a storyline in moments. It's like the clothes a character wears. You see a fellow in an old slouch hat and a raincoat and smoking a cigar and you know Columbo is on the job. You see a fellow in tights and a hat with bells on it and you know there's a court jester. The outfit doesn't make the story drag, it offers clues to speed it toward its purpose.

Now I'm combining numerology with tarot and runes and astrology to find the thread of story. I find the cycles and give the approximate years when things happen or when they already happened. Then it's up to the storied one to fill in the blanks.

There's a reason an astrolger can't give you your story. It takes the responsibility out of your hands. And it is never the story you need to know. An astrology/numerologist can only give the outline. Each person has to fill in the details. An astrologer may give you the fellow in the jinglebell hat. But is that the court jester, the fool of the tarot deck, or someone dressing up for Halloween. Only the fellow in the funny hat knows for sure.

No comments: