Monday, November 8, 2010

Time travel


I started out old, walking this road,
Thinking about, thinking about, thinking about
Times long gone, leaves that fell years ago,
I walked myself back in time,
One more turn of a bend in a road going home

9 comments:

B. WHITTINGTON said...

I love the title of your blog, I may have said that before.
I love your writing. I went back and read the Washboard poem. How beautiful to think that way about washing on a board. Making beautiful music with the water and soap and clothes. I know my mother washed many a load on a board.
Thanks for giving me a new understand of what a poem and words can do.
Blessings to you!
I too love the story Winn Dixie.
Barb

Anonymous said...

That was a very pretty story for this week's Microfiction Monday. i tend to write very silly stuff (which I love but...) I admire those who can write touching stories.

septembermom said...

Very nice microfiction. Much to reflect on.

Strummed Words said...

Lots of memories in autumn!

B. WHITTINGTON said...

Granny Kate, thanks for your vote of confidence on the story on my blog. Because of all the good feedback, and my daughter's urging, I am going back to that story and will finish it.
I'm so motivated to get to it.
Had a great writers meeting today and that helped. I could feel the creativity flowing through each of us, from one to the other.
I love your work too and would like to read more stories.
Again, thanks, Barb W

Susan Fobes said...

I love the repetition in this-that's just how our minds work, constantly going over things...

Rinkly Rimes said...

A lovely idea....walking back in time. It was certainly an evocative shot.

hope said...

I love this journey! Well done!

Sylvia Morice said...

If only we could walk ourselves back in time and then change the future...I know exactly what I would do...
Great MM. Have a wonderful week. Cheers!