Saturday, January 8, 2011

I had forgotten how much fun it is when you write without worrying if it's good. To dive in head first and just swim.

I'm revisiting an old novel I wrote in 2002. A couple of weird things happened in that novel. I wrote about an angel reader -- before I knew such folks existed. His name, Hod, means 'blind one who sees' and is also the name of a Sephira on the tree of Qabala (the Mystical Kabbalah). Hod is on the dark side of the tree and Hod is the name of the blind God who accidentally killed his brother, the Bright and Shining One.

The other odd thing was the friend in the book, who was not exactly a friend. Her last name in the original was the same as a friend who is not a friend that I met after the book was written. I promptly changed the name in the book.

I'm not so IN to writing this year. Mostly, I'm all about storyfinding with astrology. But I'm into finishing things right now. So, out come those projects and one by one, I'll see them through. First is this novel, A Witch To Live.

And possibly along with this, I'll also finish my workbook for Storyfinding. It wants to be out there and I'm leaking away the information bit at a time, anyway. So I might as well stick the thing together if I have to use duct tape and bailing wire and, as the great American philosopher, Larry (the cable guy), says, "get r done".

1 comment:

B. WHITTINGTON said...

Get R Done should be my new bi line. I agree with Larry the cable guy. Get r done.
I'd never thought of wire and duct tape to stick our projects together and it might work I have so many pages. Today I got a few new paragraphs and developed some new things about one of the characters but not enough work to even call it work.
I've been in the kitchen creating food.
OFf here now to put on clean pajamas since I've been in these all day. B
Look forward to some more story...