Saturday, January 15, 2011

Writing letters

Some of my peoples are not on facebook or even online, so I'm beginning to lose contact. This morning I resurrected that oldtime art of writing letters. It should surely be called the lost art because I've definately lost that talent. That's ok. I will persevere.

What I think would be cool is to combine letter writing with something like art journaling - and instead of sending the "hi, how are you" type of letter, we'd exchange art pages.

Ok, so... these folks -- first they get a standard itsy letter with hows the weather and what are you doing. Then we get artsy.

2 comments:

B. WHITTINGTON said...

Seems like nobody has time for letters anymore. I got several over Christmas and one long one yesterday from friend in Mentor. I need to sit down and write them back.
We just simply do not make the time.
I like getting letters and actually even like writing them.
I'll have to do better in that arena. And several of my friends include poems they've written which is a nice touch. Ummmm. What can I do that would be artsy, as you say???
Blessings to you on this lovely day.

Folkways Note Book said...

Letters sent then we switched to emails -- books read then we switch to kindles. Each represents our life style. Letters smack of feel, author's handwriting, interesting stamps, sized and sometimes colored envelopes, paper folds, artsy cards, perhaps some doodles, perhaps a picture or two -- so personal. Books represent texture, worn edges, underlines, notes in margins, weird bookmarks, the owner's touch. Emails and Kindles represent a fast paced world without touch. I guess they all fit into one's life depending on the person's mood. -- barbara