Monday, January 24, 2011

a pantoum

I was set to save the world
I had my restless gathered
I had a pocket full of causes
And a hatful of feathers

I had my restless gathered
I had a light unto my feet
And a hatfull of feathers
A demeaner that was sweet

I had a light unto my feet,
And my hat full of feathers,
A demeaner that was sweet,
And perpetual sunny weather

And my hat full of feathers,
Got heavy as I gathered,
And perpetual sunny weather
Never could get any better,

Got heavy as I gathered
Another feather for my hat
Never could get any better,
When your way was where it's at

Another feather for my hat
My smile kept getting wider
When your way was where it's at,
Your pack don't get no lighter,

My smile kept getting wider
But my teeth were grittin
Your pack don't get no lighter,
I was dreaming 'bout gittin'

My teeth were grittin'
I had my oomph packed
I was dreaming about gittin'
Those packs off my back

I had my oomph packed
I had a pocket full of causes
Those packs off my back
I was set to save the world

Alright, that 1st and 3rd line in the first verse are supposed to rhyme (so that the 2nd and 4th lines in the last verse rhyme)-- but it's late and I'm not feeling down anymore -- so that'll have to do. I gots other fishes to fry.

2 comments:

Granny Kate said...

I guess I could change that line to "I was set to save our asses..." But I really don't appreciate that kind of language. (smile)

B. WHITTINGTON said...

I like it the way it stands. Very good.
We can always rework something but it doesn't always need it.
Blessings today.
B