We have one of those end-of the-season snows here in Greenbrier county. It's lovely, all fluffy and whirley and white. We haven't really had a winter this year, just a friendly playful kind of season. I spent the day cleaning, packing a bit more and rearranging some things.
I'm reading Catching Fire by Susan Collins, the second book of the Hunger Games series. I'm reading these out loud to my husband. I love to read out loud and I have a family who likes to be read to. I read to my kids all the time when they were little -- then I discovered my Honey liked being read to, as well. I read while he drives. I read Because of Winn-Dixie on a road trip to Terra Nova in North Carolina. I read The Goat-Foot God as we drove to Berea, Kentucky. I once read him the entire Witches Bible Compleate on the way to a small town in Tennessee.
We like to do things together, my honey and I. We like the same shows -- We don't watch television -- but we order from Netflix. Our current show is McCleod's Daughters. We've also loved The Good Neighbors, Hamish McBeth, and The Monarch of the Glen. We like the same music, the same people are our friends, and we vote the same ticket. I'm not sure how that happened or who did the most changing -- we didn't start out with all that much in common, but now, we move along the same paths.
Right now, he's playing Fae music and I'm catching up on the internet, then we'll read another chapter, have a final coffee and tea before bedtime. It's been a good day.
1 comment:
Nice that your husband has a live-in book on tape!
Post a Comment