Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sun's Day

It was a whole new infusion of energy this morning. Before I woke, I had this sense of well-being that I haven't had for a few weeks.

We've been dealing with my husband's mother and her deteriorating health crisis. What to do now that she can't live alone. What to do as she goes back and forth between knowing and not knowing. All of our energy was going to looking out for her and knocking back all the bad press we were getting from everyone else around her who were doing nothing and therefore could sit back and judge on what they "would" do.

By the end of the third Saturday, I had nothing left of my own. Nothing seemed worth the effort. I know that's the best possible time to step into circle and light a candle. A lot of witchy-wise folks say it isn't. They say don't work magic when your energy is down because like calls like.

Although I get what they are saying, I know that in the center of me there is something, that calling to what is like itself, generates a good and healing energy. Even when I'm feeling down. Even when I'm feeling ill. In fact, even more so then.

NEED generates energy. It is like the Nauthiz rune -- need generates action. Who calls for Mama? The child playing happily with its toys or the one who needs help? I needed help and in a very subtle way, I called for help.

As I drifted off to sleep, I chanted for the return of energy, for the return of self-empowering focus. and in the morning, before the sun was over the mountain, I was awake and well and ready to Hail Sunna on her day.

3 comments:

B. WHITTINGTON said...

Hope soon things sort themselves out for you and your hubs regarding his mother. Somehow when we do nothing that helps to show us the way.
God bless. B

B. WHITTINGTON said...

Thanks for the Joan song. Loved it!

Granny Kate said...

Thank you, Barbara -- It's been a rollercoaster and still is, concerning Mark's mother. She wants so badly to go home now -- not to anyone else's house, but to her own home. I certainly understand that, but unless one of us is willing to give up our own home to go live with her, that is not much of an option.

I tried to post a comment on your blog earlier, but it would not post. I was excited about the interview. I'm so glad you let me read part of the Vada's story. It's going to be great to read the rest of it.