Monday, May 5, 2014

when we do what we don't (don't read this if you don't like gossip)

So.
This woman I know. Scorpio, but don't let that tell you anything. I knew another Scorpio, born same day as this one, and she was a darling. Thing is, Scorpions sting. If they can't sting someone else, they sting themselves (as did my darling friend who, kind as kind can be to others, killed herself).

This woman has no idea of self-stinging, but she goes out of her way to sting anyone in her path -- and numerous times. It is her goal in life.

But this post isn't about her.

It's about me and the stupid things I do that I don't.

such as....

For years, when I'd run across this woman and she'd ask what are you doing, I'd say "nothing". And when she'd ask where we lived now, I'd tell her the place we just left. I learned the hard way to do that.

But then, just a week or so ago, she suddenly hunted us down and dropped by our house to see us. She seemed so civil, so sane, that when she asked if anyone was doing anything for Beltane, I said we were, with our friend, Trish.

Oh! What did I do?


Her complaints were flick of an eye and smirks turned quickly into carnivorous smiles. Each thing each of us had done to get ready for the celebration was not quite up to what SHE would have done or had seen. Keep in mind, she'd not been to any kind of gathering in the last five years and was convinced there were no Pagans in her area.

Now, I know, you good people who write blogs don't write personal things that really amounts to rants and gossip. But I would love to know what kind of good humor possessed me to invite this woman to anything remotely sacred. I suppose I had hoped this scorpion had become the phoenix as a Scorpio might do.

As I watched her bamboozle my friends, I cringed and tried to change the  subject, but the subject would not be changed. She was the subject -- Queen Scorpion.

If you have a Scorpio someone close to you, you always hope they have moved on to Phoenix or even Eagle. I know one Scorpio Eagle and she's a wonder! (That would be Reverend Alice, the Astrologer extraordinaire).

But again, this isn't about Queen Scorpion. It's about me.

We all have Scorpio somewhere in our charts. Mine is in the house of Service, hidden there, while Taurus hides in the twelfth house of secret enemies and personal undoing.  In this moon of Taurus/Scorpio, I suppose I was living down to my intercepted Taurus/Scorpio in the 12th/6th houses.

I hope there is a way to undo what i have done. Queen Scorpion is now planning to host Summer Solstice with my friends at her house.

Just like the Trickster,
I was going along...ah,
weaving webs that wind

1 comment:

DutchHexSign said...

Was that perchance someone we had talked about? A certain Cat, as it were?? Sounds about right for that one, at least.

I think you, like my K, have a hard time realizing that, despite the want to "see the best" in others, they often don't take the bait.