Here's what's true (according to me). You can will one thing. Only one. You can will money, or food, or being well, or passing a test, or speaking in public, or making friends. If you can tune your will toward it, you can make it happen. But you can only will one thing at a time. All your power has to go toward that one thing.
Also, what you can will into manifestation is limited to your area of possibility. You have automatic cut-off fields that your mind has set up over the course of your life.
When I was a kid, I'd hear of someone getting a pony or a fancy toy. I didn't even begin to want what that kid had. Those were not in my field of possibility. A toy should cost 98 cent or less. Not too much too fancy about that. My field of possibility didn't include big money. No one I knew had money. My daydreams weren't that I would get rich or that I'd get some big something. It was that somebody would get tired of something they already had and give it to me. My limitations were set by environment and my willingness to accept the limitations.
I lived up on the hill. There were only a few of us living up there. All the other kids in school (as far as I knew) lived in the Valley. In my mind, the people who lived in the valley had things and the people who lived on the hill sort of didn't. In varying degrees. Everyone else on the hill but us had some things, more things. But they were them, and so I didn't envy what they had.
There was this woman who lived at the bottom of Little Rocky (that was a hill below our mountain) who became part of my "will" building. She lived down in Dar Bottom (I kid you not on these names). Living in the valley meant you were in a different ...mmmm.... class? Something. I didn't think I was less. I thought I was different. I lived where the mist rose TO. Get that?
But people in the valley, down in Dar Bottom, could have toys and cars and bikes and probably horses if their yards weren't so small. They probably had good food every day. They had houses where you took off your shoes when you came inside and you could wear socks on the floors of these houses. !!! They ate fish sticks and corn dogs and other odd things that almost.... almost... made me wistful (certainly not jealous, jealous indicates the feeling of having a right, which I did not have, not having lived in Dar Bottom).
One thing I wanted to have near me was a bike. The boy who lived next door up on the hill had a bike, a red bike. He let me get on it once. He even let me try to ride it. I "rode" it down the hill below his house. That is, I got on and the bike went down the hill. Minor scrapes, nothing serious.
But the speed of that ride!
Maybe I wouldn't own the bike, but it would belong to someone less selfish (be kind), I mean less frugal -- than my neighbor. Someone who'd leave it where I could find it daily and ride, ride, ride.
So, I started daydreaming that this woman who lived in Dar Bottom gave me a bike to give to my brother. I thought of this all the time, every time I passed her house. I thought of it going home and I thought of it going to school. I would sort of 'throw' this thought at the house. That bike? Yeah, it's just going to waste in your garage. No one rides it.
I figured the bike would have a few dings about it, maybe it would be banged up some. Notice, I never imagined us going and buying a new bike like those lovely things over at Western Auto. That was not in my area of possibility. You couldn't buy a bike for 98 cents or less.
One day, when I was about a year into this bike thing, the woman at the house at the bottom of Little Rocky came outside as I was heading home from school. "Would your folks be mad if I gave you some things?" I had no idea, but I couldn't imagine they would. I didn't talk much in those days, so I doubt I answered in any coherent way. But dude! The bike was going to belong to me -- or someone near me. I know I was grinning.
She went into her garage, opened those big doors I'd never seen opened before and went inside and came back out pushing an old wicker baby buggy. FULL of old dolls. "I'm getting rid of things." She shrugged. I can't even remember what this dear old woman looked like WHO DID NOT OWN A BIKE. I know I thanked her profusely because I was taught Please and Thank You. And I pushed that thing up a very long road, up some very tall hills.
I kept many of those dolls for years. One of them only recently went to an old woman who collects baby dolls. I have no idea what became of the sweet oldtime doll buggy (which, btw, I could not turn into a bike with even my wildest willing).
Now, where was I going with all this?
Oh yeah. You can manifest something with your will. If it's in your area of possibility -- and what you are willing is, in fact, real.
The end of the story is not here yet. Are you waiting for it? One day, the same year as the charity baby buggy full of dolls, my brother came home from work with a blue bike. It was a girl's bike. He said someone was selling it and he'd always wanted one, but hell, he couldn't ride one, did I want it? He'd paid ten dollars for it.
There is some lesson in that. If you find it, let me know. But I do maintain, you can will something into manifestation. Most physical things are not worth the bother. If I'd had a different set of surroundings, I might have asked to work for the woman in Dar Bottom or someone else who needed a young worker and do as my brother did, buy a bike. But I didn't have that possibility in my field, either.
Will works best with non-material things. Such as expanding your sense of self and your world of possibilities. One is not without the other. Expand yourself and what you expect and you'll find your world of possibilities expands with you. "Do what you will ~ Will what you do!"
No comments:
Post a Comment