Saturday, January 2, 2010

my non-resolutions

be well liked

behave myself

don't raise a fuss

take whatever comes without a fight

be satisfied with make-do

undervalue my work

let others moods dictate my own

take on any job no one else wants

spread myself thin by trying to do whatever anyone asks

Well. That's quite a list. Fortunately, there are other things on my list besides strike-outs.

I'm picking up the loose threads. Not my idea, it's just coming. I read it in the cards, see it in the stars.

It's as if I've been on holiday -- or perhaps, it was that fallow season when the seeds grow deep roots before showing their stuff in the bright light of the sun.

Whatever it was, I'm thankful for the past couple of years. But now the tide is going out and I'm moving with it. Again, it's not by my design, but simply the way of the tides.

I'm thankful for the daily helping of magic and grace that's been heaping my plate full of late. Now, it's time to share.

Back to the things I left for awhile -- storytelling, writing, drumming, dancing and joining together with others in circle. Back into the world and out of the cave.

Hello 2010!

No comments: