Monday, January 18, 2010

Ogham and Story-finding in Snotra's moon-cycle.

The Ogham tree oracle has been walking me through these early days of Snotra's moon. The first day, I drew Elder, telling me that something would end. Drawing runes, I got Nauthiz in the center, Wunjo and Hagalaz as supporting runes. All were face down, telling me it was someone else's decision to end the relationship and not my drama, though it concerned me. When runes are face down, they are pretty much saying, "this doesn't concern you at this time". Doesn't mean you can't get story from it, however.

The person who left was a small cog, not anyone I'd call important. I've been de-cluttering my life, getting rid of a house full of things I didn't need, freeing the energy, freeing the space. This person unfriending me in actual time as well as on Facebook was simply clutter getting up and leaving on its own. She left a letter telling me she'd "tolerated" me for years.

The problem comes in the fact that she is also a gossip and is local. So, in a nearby county, her circle of church friends are now praying for the Pagan "evil-doer".

Just so you know, the most evil I do is knitting without working guage, or leaving dust-bunnies under the bed in favor of spinning time. What I do is I support anyone who is honest with me by prayer, readings, helping them find the thread of their stories, and by listening when that is all they need.

I have Christian friends. And they show love, not hate. They are not afraid they'll lose their seat on the Glory Bus (thanks David, for that reference) by being friends with others who don't share the same doctrines. I know other church folk who can't get along even with other denominations or other churches within the same denomination. But I wonder if they ever experienced the love of Christ?

In my own Christian days, I learned to pray without ceasing and my prayers got results then, the same as they do now. It's the same spirit behind all that. I don't know what it is. People who claim no religion at all still have it. It's the connection, the light that is in all of us to varying degrees. Tap into the light and you get answers. You tap into the love that pours out from all things. Feel that kinship with a tree? With a cat? With the wind? That's love. That's light.

But in thinking of it as light, something is lost. Because light by itself becomes inbalance. Sit in a monastery and beam light and you've cut yourself off from Story. Story is what we're here for.

In this month of Snotra's guidance, I draw the Ogham. These are markings that represent different trees and each tree has its own nature and story.

First there was Elder, telling me of the ending. When I'd dealt with that, then came Birch, telling me now things could move on and begin. Birch is beginnings, a giving tree. It also represents All-Mother, Frigga. And the rune, Berkana. A birth is coming. Not, as in baby, but as in something new.

And the new came softly. I've been reigning myself in, trying to be acceptable. I live in an area where being me is dangerous. There are those who judge and who want anyone different to at least look like them. I have complied. Not completely, because that's not in my nature or in my abilities. But as much as I could, I took on the grey of the she-bird, Cardinal. If you look, you can see the red beneath the grey of her. But she is nondescript. (Which is why it's the male, brilliant red, who is depicted when Cardinal is shown as our state bird).

But I was being tolerated.

What it took to get me over being acceptable, was getting riled. Being tolerated pissed me off. Do you mind my language? Good. I'm glad you do. I hope I am intolerable to anyone who thinks to tolerate me. This is Snotra's gift to me this month. I will give to her someone wholly acceptable and worthy of the Goddess energy she imparts in her rewrite of my story this moon cycle.

Today's Ogham is Willow. Willow is, once again, compliant. But willow remains Willow. She bends and she moves and she dances. She is so uniquely herself, that she often stands alone. Willow, in the Ogham oracle, tells the story of centering in your own wisdom and drawing from Source. Willow stands by the water's side, aiding the traveler to the land of Spirit.

A week ago, I was a bit lethargic in January's isolation and Mars retrograde. Between lifetimes, perhaps I made an agreement with Patti, the woman who found me unaccepatable in that I don't bow to her God. Perhaps she agreed she'd challenge me at a time when I needed a bit of a push to get past that Venus in 7th house that makes me want to get along well with others. Perhaps I was about to lose myself in being nice. (What a dastardly word that is: nice).

From the time I've spent on this, you'd think it was a major happening, but not so. Just a catalyst to things that are happening, to the story that's moving on.

What happens next?

The moon rises and I follow it.


No comments: