Sunday, February 13, 2011

House recipe

First, take a mistreated old house:
This is what it looked like when we first
                           bought it.


And turn it into this:



By waving your magic wand. Or actually scrub brushes and then paint brushes.


FROM THIS:






TO THIS:








Sweet little house, you were so mistreated. I'm glad we rescued you. Even though now it is time for us to move on and let someone else move in, I hope the owners will wave their own magic wands of lovely colors and homey touches and keep you well. May you live long and prosper.

Oh yeah.... and may your new owners show up soon.



4 comments:

Granny Kate said...

When we bought this house, it was a horrible wreck. In four short years, the fellow who lived here had single handedly turned a nice house into a dump. We pulled it out of that sorry mess and made it lovely. I'll miss my pretty purple floor and the lovely yellow guest room.

Granny Sue said...

That's quite a change, Kate! Anyone would love it now. Where are you moving to?

Granny Kate said...

Right now, we only know where we are moving FROM. We are not akin to this place and this is the year we leave. We may rent a while in Asheville again until we are able to build something on the homeplace at Richwood.

B. WHITTINGTON said...

It amazes me how anyone can trash a house. You've made it lovely and I believe it reflects you. Very sunny and peaceful looking.
I hope never to move again.
We did move a few times in a few years and it was exhausting and very stressful for me.
I know Asheville is beautiful but I had always visualized you in West Virginia. Forever, I guess.
But life is full of changes for everyone. May you find just the type of nurturing place you need to be happy and content.
Blessings.