This morning, I woke before the sun, which is the time I usually wake. I looked at the clock and noticed that it was actually time to get up. That was good. Sometimes, it's 3 in the morning or something and I have to lay there awhile and try to sleep. Usually I manage to go to sleep by the time I'm supposed to get up.
sometimes I don't sleep and don't sleep and so I go make tea and go weave awhile or something like that until I get sleepy or morning comes.
This morning, I see the cock says 5:30 and I'm pretty happy about that. I get up quietly because for once, I'm awake before he is. I let him sleep. I go make tea. I light my candle, fill the little clear cauldron with water and place it on the altar. I raise my arms and realize suddenly that I just raised BOTH my arms. I haven't been able to raise my right arm for well over a month.
Honey was up by this time, getting his coffee and going out on the porch to smoke his first ciagrette and tell the morning hello. I went to my little table in our bedroom and tossed the coins to see what the I-Ching was wanting to say to me. It was an excellent reading. Five changing lines out six lines. I could have guess that, though, cause the energy was awhirl.
The energy changed yesterday. All that new moon, new light, springs-a-comin' energy finally reached me. Like it was sent from a star and had a long journey to make to get here. I'd been running on s-l-o-w through most of Januaray. I handled January fine, but it was a very long month. And I made some real bravado-type of affirmations come Imbolc. I was lighting fires and writing poetry -- playing the drum and strumming tunes and chanting chants. They never fail me. But this time they very nearly did.
And then, today, I wasn't looking for anything in particular and all that growing light energy came and surrounded me like new green and glowing springtime.
I had so much energy I barely knew what to do with it. I think the energy attracted visitors. We got several in rapid succession. It was a good day. I didn't get half of what I planned to do finished because of all the visits but you take what comes and don't turn something like that away. That's a rare thing to get visits here.
Two phone calls also, on top of that. One was my sister, Libby. She's so fun to talk to and we finish each other's sentences. I could hang out with her for a month or so and we would talk nonstop and still not run out of things to talk about. She doesn't do the things I do but she likes to hear about them. She'd love to know how to arrange her house with Feng Shui. She mostly talks about health things, foods and herbs and things like that.
Then I talked with our other sister. It's a little more difficult to talk to Ginny Ruth. The call is not going to end without her doing what she thinks of as her special duty -- that is to witness to me. She mentions that she's reading the Bible through. She knows I've read it through and through -- way back when. She has never read it. I tell her it's a good read. She says, "Oh course it is, it's the best selling book." We talk about sister things for awhile and I figure the going is good. I steer her around religion a couple of times by bringing up other subjects. Then she tells me that she read in the Bible that God does bad things as well as good. And follows this up by telling me that she thinks Cancer might be a plague because the world is so evil.
Sis has had a very hard life, so I'm not going to argue with her, not even to suggest that cancer might be from food additives and impure air and water ...etc. If she wants to think her her God gives people cancer to prove a point, I don't mind.
I tell her I found the letter she wrote me one time telling me about when I was born. She wrote it all out, two pages, about the blizzard and about her walking to the hospital with mom through the blizzard. She wrote all that down for me, so I'll let her slide on the God thing.
Evening, I took a picture of the lovely sunshine. We watched an episode of our Netflix show McCleod's Daughers and Honey went to play his guitar while I do the internet thing.
Outside, the wind is kicking up a bit. Poetry is stirring around and I think I hear my drum calling me.
~good-night~
1 comment:
A lovely upbeat post and one I cherished reading.
I don't believe God gives us cancer - I believe chemicals are the culprit.
At least it seems so. Food, yes. Polluted air and water, yes.
Beautiful picture of the sun.
The sun only broke through here a few times today. It misted rain and then snow and then quit altogether.
Blessings. B
Post a Comment