We went to take Honey's mom out to dinner. She hadn't been out of her house since Christmas -- and we've barely been out of ours. We've not seen any of the kids since we took our Grandaughter home on January 1st. It was time to begin traveling these muddy old roads and visiting again.
We saw one tribe of deer that had 11 in it and another that were too many to count as we passed by. There is still snow in the valleys and down by Mouse Creek.
This was the warmest day so far -- almost warm enough for just a sweater. I saw lots of barearmed folks out and about -- I don't know how they do it. The temp was in the 50's. Sleeves, people -- didn't your Mama ever teach you anything?
Back at her house, she made coffee. I fell asleep sitting up on my M-I-L's couch as she told us all about how Obama is ruining America. Nothing she said was actually true, but these days I try not to crash the virtual reality these folks live in.
The moon was/is lovely -- full and round and as magic as always. We tagged along home just after dark, listening to NPR.
3 comments:
I learned the same lesson with my parents--why argue with them when they were old and our times together were precious and limited? So I was quiet, let them talk and the end of their time on this earth was one of harmony between us. Well worth the silence. Their beliefs and mine would never coalesce; why make them unhappy?
Exactly that -- I think about how little time they have. She is 86. Still, I get a little perturbed that our "elders" choose to spend their time complaining and talking negative. Have they no word of wisdom to pass on?
Aunt Jessie now! She was this one's sister. Jessie knew things and sitting with Jessie, when she was in her 90's was one of my best memories. Alive and lively and full of wisdom. She made a conscious decision when she was young to be positive in speech and thought.
I miss Aunt Jessie.
I loved reading this post. I so remember these discussion with older people. Thankfully, my mom was open minded about most things and kept up on the local and world news when even I didn't. SHe was always informing me.
My step father another story. He was a democrat thru and thru and he would tell you everything he ever heard about a republican. Local or from wherever. I miss them both. And I didn't argue with them either. Of course they argued plenty among themselves. Often humorous.
Blessings to you Miss Kate. You are a good d-i-l.
Post a Comment