Monday, February 28, 2011

Microfiction Monday #72 -- a Faerie Blessings

A mullein moon
Next to your left big toe
And you'll be safe
Wherever you go



From Microfiction Monday


15 comments:

Ashling said...

"mullein moon"...lovely turn of phrase!

Other Mary said...

I've never heard that phrase before. It makes me think of old folk wisdom.

Dianne said...

lovely blessing :)

Peggy said...

Lovely fairy blessing.
heartwarming and special.
Thank you so much for coming by my blog today.
I have not been here before and it's my pleasure to meet you!
I'm going to follow you and come back often.

Lynette Killam said...

This is charming, Kate...I too love "mullein moon"! So glad you stopped by my page...I'm signing up as your latest follower...:)

Lynette
Imagination Lane

Granny Kate said...

Ashling and Mary, mullein in your shoe is an old traveler's charm -- our little fairy simply cut a leave into a waxing moon.

Dianne, thank you.

Peggy and Lynette, I'm glad you're sticking around awhile.

izzy said...

That is quite a spell- I'd like to be sure of safety! Thanks.

Sylvia Morice said...

So of course I had to look up 'a mullion moon'....
Loved your MM. Cheers~

Susan Fobes said...

Very nicely worded! (Loved the word flow...)

Melanie Sherman said...

Good one. A nice way to be safe. :)

Michael G-G said...

I love the phrase "mullein moon." This sounded like a fairy blessing indeed.

Have a great week.

Unknown said...

very nice prose and beautiful thought to start the day.

Unknown said...

very nice prose and beautiful thought to start the day.

Rek Sesh said...

A nice blessing to be safe....lovely words that matched the image.

Karen said...

Nice microfiction poem! :>