Thursday, February 3, 2011

Other celebrations -- Chinese New Year

This will be the second year I'll be reading tarot at the Chinese New Year Celebration. This is the year of the Rabbit. I have no idea what that means, though.

I think I was born in the year of the Snake. Which is cool because that matches everything else -- Brighid was my first Goddess I honored in circle and Snakes are sacred to her.

In Mayan astrology I am Worldbridger and that certainly describes the snake.

My rune is Dagaz and that rune has very interesting story concerning a snake, in which Odin, to get inside the walls to rescue the meade of poetry, became a snake and crawled through the narrow channel -- which corresponds to the center of the transformation rune of Dagaz.

I once dreamed about a medinine cabinet in a room I did know existed and it was guarded by a white snake. I was a Christian when I had that dream.

When I first acknowledged the Pagan path, I had a medicine dream about the snake, in which I told the snake, "You don't bruise my heal and I don't crush your head." VERY vivid dream.

Also, strangely enough, even though there is no new sign in astrology --no 13th sign, if there WERE a 13th, it would cover that period of time that also holds my birthday. And that sign would be Ophiucus and that means snake holder and is represented by a man holding a snake in each hand.

So, I went looking for what Snake means in Chinese astrology: http://pages.infinit.net/garrick/chinese/snake.html

But 2011 is the year of the RABBIT: http://pages.infinit.net/garrick/chinese/rabbit.html

If you want to know your sign: http://www.rainfall.com/horoscop/chinese.htm

Just for fun, here is a lovely little New Year Song:

http://www.nancymusic.com/Gunghayplay.htm

No comments: