Today is a lazy day. We'll be watching a movie later, or another episode of McCleod's Daughters. I cooked a good dinner and then spent a few hours reading. The book is so familiar, I could be writing it -- except I don't write this well. I am just to the part where she rented a cottage by the sea. And, on this day as the rain falls and the late April snow is coming toward us, I'm wishing to stay awhile in a cottage by the sea. I'm weird enough to want my stay to be on days like this, all rain and cool instead of sunlit and hot. I can imagine walking by the sea as night turns to day and day turns to night.
There's been a thousand things in this book that made me stop and go -- yeah. They are small things.
"He looked at the floor. 'You always say I'm shouting."
I looked at the floor too, but at a different spot.
That subtle humor washes all through the book. I'm on page 221 now. I don't do book reports, so if you're interested, you'll have to read it for yourself. I'd read it again. There aren't many books like that but this is one.

1 comment:
What an interesting sounding book, even the cover caught my eye.
So good to be reading your posts.
Happy anniversary to you and hubby.
Blessings. B
Post a Comment