Monday, April 23, 2012

We woke up to snow and wind -- it was very November-ish -- I love this kind of weather.
I had a lot of plans for today and did none of them. Didn't clean, sort, bake, knit, pack or any of the other things I thought I'd do. Didn't practice Tai Chi. Didn't work on astrology or study anything. Read a bit in a tiny book called The Dreams Book  (Finding Your Way In The Dark)  by Yehuda Berg. Read about the evolution of Kabbalah, which I hadn't known. Abraham, the Patriarch, wrote a few pages called the Book of Formation and 2000 years later, a fellow tried to explain Abraham's writing. He called his massive work the Book of Splendor, or the Zohar. This, too, was unintelligible to most people and frightened them as well, so it languished for another 11 centuries, when it was read by Rav Moses de Leon. It took three hundred years more before anyone else noticed, a fellow called Rav Isaac Luria. Rav is a title?

 Berg quotes the Zohar which tells us that 99 percent of everything is hidden and we only work and use the 1 percent. (Except today I wasn't using the 1 percent either). It would have been a great day to work outside.


No comments: