Counting down to new moon, a new tune rustling out of Honey's guitar upstairs, while here I wonder where all my words went.For years, I had stories bubbling in a cauldron, poems busting seams to get loose, and all manner of themes and threads galloping across pages. Writing has never been a chore. You could give me a word and I'd hand you a poem. I hustled dozens of ways of coaxing the muse in. I had random word poems spilling out of bushel baskets and I fished poems from dry book-beds, I had circle stories written on the backs of envelopes and mini-manuscripts encrypted into post cards. I've never been shy of the written word.
But sister, something's happened.
Poems that were a dozen a dime now come dear. I've divorced my soul from some deep well and started skimming surfaces. Hell, I'd rather spin poi, spin wool, spin circles than spin a yarn. See, stories got truth in them. Truth is down and dirty.It's all about skinned knees and dead friends and wondering if our angels have all gone walkabout.
So, I don't ride out on moon-dark nights no more. I don't skinny dip in deep pools of star-shown word wisdom. I don't trance-dance to verbs and nouns and nuance. Somewhichofaway, words went.
But this night when all things ride on intent, I meet the ghost at the crossroads. I winnow the words, sifting stillness, letting silence fall through.
4 comments:
Oh if you only knew how your words wend their way to me giving me shivers as I read. The words have not gone. You've gone but just for a bit. You have to put words in sometimes to prime the pump. Only a few and the flow will start.
Love that my book is on your shelf. Makes me feel cared for and nurtured. Don't ever stop spinning, words and wool and whatever else it is you spin there in your country home. Blessings coming your way.
I see your words here, but, Your book came to me with the New Moon. I would Know more. Is it possible to open a dialog, Crone to Crone?
Yes, Audrie -- So glad to meet you.
:) Thank you. Do you want me to post my questions and thoughts here, or do you have another venue?
I hope all is going well with your new home place. We moved to a rural village HUD house fixer upper that I bought on the internet 2 1/2 years ago. Nothing has gone as planned. Absolutely nothing. It's not a farm, but I can relate a little.
Post a Comment