Break-time, tea-time, consists of moments like this. I came in and put the roast in the oven and punched the bread a good-one in the rising bowl and quick-checked FB to see what my daughters and friends have posted. This is the over-the-backyard-fence moment, modern-day style.
We're working on the goat stable and simultaneously, the tool room and the equipment shed. Yesterday, I thought outloud, "Got to have some fencing soon." All we need is a winter dry-lot, so I was thinking dogfencing, very tall. Then, in comes a truck and dumps us off a load of hardwood pallets, 6 foot high, with the possibility of more of these. I'm seeing stars, it came so suddenly. We are in the days when manifestation comes quickly. And I'm a slow-thinker.
These hardwood pallets are sturdy -- would make a good garden fence, and framing for a 3-sided shed for Jack's mini-cow. We were also given a chicken house to tear down for the lumber.
I intended animals and here is this pretty-good milk goat whose time is either now or never, and with her, if I want it, an Icelandic/Shetland cross ewe. And two old breed of chickens, a hen and a rooster. We've also been offered a pretty-good farm pup -- a Pyranees mountain dog. I'm thinking on that one.
Somebody, somewhere said "There is no time like the present." True enough, but since our visit back to Bent Tree Farm last week, this is feeling eerily like stepping back into place after a 28-year hiatus.
With that in mind, back to work...
No comments:
Post a Comment