Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Drabble: Companions ( a story in exactly 100 words)

“Here, a path…”

“Leading?”

“Following, I think. Deer, raccoon, or fairy feet…”

“I meant to where…”

“Oh, to the end; it wouldn’t stop half way.”

“I haven’t time…”

“For?”

“Foolishness, foolishness.”

“Then I’ll follow the deer.”

“Suit yourself, I’m turning back.”

“Tell my loved ones?”

“Tell them…”

“Adventure needs an answer.”

“Foolish talk… oh! Where did you go? Where did he go?

“Beside this path I stand alone. His family will want to know. Shall I go back?

Perhaps it is a fairy path. And he, a friend all these years.

“Friends don’t let friends go alone. Adventure needs companions.”

3 comments:

Granny Kate said...

Well, that was fun. I wrote a Drabble, a story of a hundred words. And a dribble is a story of 50 words and a drouble is a story of 200 words.

I refuse to think of it as wasting time. That is what haiku is for.

One story of two
poised near a non-existant
Pathway to adventure

Granny Sue said...

That was very fun! Thank you for the word picture.

Granny Kate said...

Thank you Granny Sue! It was fun to write.