Friday, January 20, 2012

I would tell you how this is Frigg's day and that having a personification of an energy so real to me I call her by name changes my intent of how to use the hours that contain the day. But you might not want to hear it. So, instead I'll tell you the sun is shining outside and periodically, the day remembers the month and becomes grey -- this sun in January is inclimate weather here in the hills of Western Greenbrier county. Knowing it's January makes me sigh at this sun, wishing at least the weather would return to pathways I know best.

I would tell you that I join in a conversation with the Universe in the morning, most mornings. That years have gone by with these conversations recorded in little Meade notebooks. But you might not believe in such things as I do and think they are either a.) ignorant or b.) evil or c.) both. So, instead I'll tell you I baked bread this morning and the yeast must have been really good, because those 6 cups of flour turned out enough for three loaves, not two -- pressed down, raised up, expanded to the hilt of Jupiter in the rising.

I would tell you that I love the word, magic, but instead I'll tell you I pray for people --you understand that -- the culture that raised me also raised you and some of us learned that prayer -- intent -- counts. I like to help the Universe create harmony, so my aimed intent is toward that goal and I work my will toward the goal of my intent with candle and string and natural things as our ancestors (possibly) did long ago.

So I might intend to talk about what I think and what I do, but blogs are not really private -- they are also social venues and somebody might come reading. So I'll talk about the weather and recipes and throw in a conventional phrase that loosely describes something that I intend one way but could be taken in a socially acceptable context

 After all, Frigg knew much and said little and I do intend to follow the Lady of the Hearth toward health and happiness. So, I'll say what I say and intend what I intend.

And this year, say some, intent counts twice.




1 comment:

Jules said...

We all come from different roads, occasionally we get to meet. Fates' intentions? Or is the Universe just curious to watch humans interact? No matter as long as harmony and peace are the intent? Blessings ~J