Welcome to my woodfire,this virtual hearth, with the magic humming and the tea brewing and the books spilling over. That music in the background, that's my Honey playing his guitar, or it could be Addie Bell, my little mountain dulcimer or the rain on a tin roof, or the windriver singing way up high. Here in the hills, there's music everywhere you give a listen. So, sit a spell and lets listen together.
Sunday, January 8, 2012
Small stone -- January 8
Ancient cabin facing ancient trails, who have your ancient people come back to be?
Did you ever wander on those places in the woods where there are no house, but you can tell there once was. There are daffodils, still gracing a doorstep that's long gone.
The house I saw today, though, it's still there -- just a few rooms and a front porch.
Every spring I enjoy daffodils and azalea bushes that were planted by my ancestors on this land. It's comforting to walk the paths they walked and to dig in the flowerbeds they tended.
3 comments:
I often have opportunity to visit ancient sites here in Co - I, too, wonder about the lives of the long-ago people who lived there.
Did you ever wander on those places in the woods where there are no house, but you can tell there once was. There are daffodils, still gracing a doorstep that's long gone.
The house I saw today, though, it's still there -- just a few rooms and a front porch.
Every spring I enjoy daffodils and azalea bushes that were planted by my ancestors on this land. It's comforting to walk the paths they walked and to dig in the flowerbeds they tended.
Post a Comment