Ages and ages ago, before I knew any of the signs or what phase the moon was in, I'd read the day by standing still and listening. Not listening -- exactly -- sensing would be more like it. Taking a reading of the air to know what was coming. And I'd quote Bible -- "Sufficient to this day is the evil thereof..." to remind myself that each day was itself and there was no need to look beyond that one.
It was a good enough coping mechanism, but it didn't get me anywhere. There were no cycles of things -- each day had itself, only, and so, there was no continuance of the story. It was a chicken little kind of falling sky way of seeing things. I'd feel the moon but not know it was the moon.
As a kid, my Mom would say, "I want something. I just don't know what it is." If I knew then what I know now, I'd look to see what the moon was doing and I bet it would be waning, and possibly in those three days before the new moon came to claim the night sky.
Right now, the moon is in Scorpio. It's at the end of its cycle, waning down into the dark moon. The Goddess of this moon is Hlin. She is accustomed to sorrow and she is also the consoling one. Scorpio is intense. Transformation, death, other people's energy, sex, secrets, and sorrows make up the eigth house which is Scorpio's place in the wheel.
Joan Baez sings a Dylan song. "This restless hungry feeling never meant no one no good -- when the things that I'm saying, you could say them just as good..."
Time drags at the end of the moon. Energy fizzles and clocks run down. If there's rain, it's silent and cold. Lights glare and fires go out. I am absolutely certain that nothing I'm doing is worthwhile, and furthurmore, you're wasting your time, too.
At the end of a moon, I do not like the things I needed a week ago. My house is full of things that I'll never use again, and they drag the past along with them, leaving slug trails in the dust. This is especially so when the moon that's waning is the Scorpio moon. It's a moon that snuggles too closely to my Saturn, slowing even more, weighing so heavily on the inroads of decisions and motivation that I can scarecely remember to lift my feet when walking.
If I sound depressed, it isn't so. I thought ahead. I'm in the middle of a project, tying those knots one after another toward the end of another knitted something. I've got a book I'm purposefully in the middle of, so the momentum will pry open the page for me. It is not a good time to start something new and I wouldn't if it was. All I can do is what I've already set aside to do during this time -- a candle is lit, and the house is sweet with insence and the smell of cinnamon.
Best of all, I know this is not a place I've arrived, at the end of a straight line that brougt me here to leave me in ashes. I know that shortly, the moon will turn, the energy coming will be new and will belong to my favorite Goddess, Saga, in the Sagittarius moon cycle. Each fading moon renews itself as sleep gives way to waking.
Like the moon and winter, I've gone dormant. I'll work and wait and enjoy the sleep. And though, like Mom, I might wish for that something I want that is just out of reach, unlike her, I know what it is I'll find in reaching. I'll catch what this dark moon has for me, which is the ability to let go of what I don't need, and free up the energy for the new cycle that soon begins.
Each day is a gift and though it's all new, it's also all familiar. I've been here before, I'm not taken by surprise. And what I'm feeling is mystery and as comforting as a cloak of midnight-colored cloth, or a patchwork quilt wrapped snug around me.
Hail Hlin! And Hail the waning moon.
4 comments:
Kate,
I'd like to know more about how you read yourself and the signs so well.
I'm a Gemini and what you described is exactly how I've felt the last day or so. I need to get back into my story and I feel like my feet are in quick sand. What is that about?
I'm truly interested.
I believe in the signs we're born under because I'm two people, I know that hands down. But I don't know much about the rest.
Would the moon have anything to do with my feet being stuck in one spot?
Thanks, Barb
You can email me or send a message on facebook. Many thanks for responding.
This is so appropriate to what is going on here also.
Our temporary room mate left last night with weird energy. Yes, it was time... it needed to happen. She needs to move into her cabin, but she -- and it -- are not ready. We were not "good enough" K feels... did not do enough to help her (and her animals)... she expected us to put up temporary shelters as she described and drew out while she was at work at one of her two jobs. Never mind that I am swamped with my 4 jobs or that K truly IS disabled...
It was all good as long as all the energy here was focused on her and her animals, but when I saw what was happening... how we were getting more and more behind on things that NEEDED to be done here, for us and our lives, and deliberately turned to refocus, about a month ago, things changed.
I do wish her well and I do wish her God Speed and she will take her fractured and negative energy with her.
Barb,
I started finding these cycles in writing and then it all carried over into astrology. My Grandpa used to plant by the signs and I grew up with hearing things like, "don't wean when the moon is in the sign of the heart" and "trim your hair in the waxing moon, cut your hair in the waning moon..."
Joy gave me a book onetime called WILD MIND by Natalie Goldberg, and something in that book just cliked everything into place for me.
What you're describing about being stuck -- if it's a very temporary thing, just the last few days, then that's the moon. But if it's been going on for awhile, it may have to do with either Saturn or Mars -- or transiting Saturn interacting with your Mars.
We go through so many cycles of change. All of them are geared for our sprititual growing but they sometimes don't feel so good. I don't know your age, but if you are around the same age as me, you might be heading for your second Saturn return. If you want to send me your birth information (date, time and place), I'll see what kind of cycles you are in right now.
Whichever cycle it is, you can still move forward, just take a step and then one more. Wait until the new moon to begin and the energy of the growing moon will help you.
blessings,
Kate
Jj, This is a great time to let go of what isn't working. You are such a strong person, sometimes other people draw on you and that can be depleting. I'm glad you are moving that energy out of your space and getting on with your own goals. You did what you could to help someone else -- as is your way. Now the new moon in Saga's sign will let you get on with your own story.
PS I passed on that video of the interview with you to my friend here who bought hex signs when you were here. She and her daughters are thrilled about the news that your hexsign will adorn the Nation's Christmas Tree.
blessings,
Kate
Post a Comment