This is the kind of snow you can play in. I went out to shovel it awhile and figured that was futile. No sooner did I toss a shovelful out of path, but another blew into it. The air is not too cold if you're dressed right for it. I wanted to light a fire in the firepit, but the wind kept up. Now I'm inside, looking out. I like snow best when I'm outside. From in here, it looks cold out there.
Well, I've got news for winter. It may be another couple of months before the snow and cool temps lift out of here, but the shortest day is almost here and after that, Springtime is on it's way.
Between now and then we've got holidays to sustain us.
We've got Solstice, Christmas, (the other) New Year's Eve, Olde Christmas, Imbolc, Valentine's Day, Whuppity Scurrie, and Eoster, and also Easter (generally two different occasions). And there are other holy days woven in and out among them.
Right now --- we've got snow.
2 comments:
That's a great way to look at it. I love when we can start measuring the distance between winter and spring and the distance is shorter to spring.
I love the change of seasons.
Right now I'm looking out the window at the snow piling rapidly on our backyard. The birds are having a heyday at the feeder. It's too bad for R to get out to refill. Maybe tomorrow. I need the feed in the garage where I can get to it and not locked away in his bldg.
Thanks for the post. I could see you looking outside. It's warmer in. Stay warm.
Dare I ask what whuppity scurrie is?
Post a Comment