Thursday, December 16, 2010

perfect!

http://daisyyellow.squarespace.com/abstract/art-journaling-101.html

THIS reminds me so much of a certain someone that I know a certain someone will get something to do with this subject for Christmas this year. I'm not saying anything more in case that person happens by and reads this. But my next post is along these same lines.

5 comments:

Jj Starwalker said...

did you know that the e. e. cummings quote that starts that web page is not only one of my favorites, but it is the footer on all of my business emails for Vision IPD? Of course she mis-capitalized cummings name...

Granny Kate said...

My favorite e. e. cummings line is "Down they forgot as up they grew..."

Jj Starwalker said...

"anyone lived in a pretty how town " is an especially wonderful poem to read aloud. I haven't read it for a while, so thank you for bringing it to my mind again.

I need to dig through my books and sit here reading cummings aloud again. And this thought makes me miss the winter Sunday night poetry readings in the canyon. Sometimes we read something we had written, but it was equally ok to share favorite poems by other authors. One night we had a "bad poetry night" and only read our failures, things that didn't quite work and I believe there were a few that had been published that the readers thought needed to go into that group.

Granny Kate said...

I love that -- bad poetry night. Once, Joy assigned us all to write a bad poem, the worst we could come up with. That was way more fun than trying to write something good. We had a saying in her writing group that "anything worth doing is worth doing badly".

Granny Kate said...

Wow. That site about the shofar is amazing. I've only had two experiences of hearing this and both have been profound.