Morning: As my wavespell begins, I feel remarkably focused and my personal energy is high, in spite of the outward facts of our lives right now. We've got finance troubles all the way to the youngest of the Dooley set. When one Dooley gets slapped, we all feel the sting. But I'm hopeful things are about to turn to better days for the lot of us.
Afternoon: I'm getting over an ill that has plagued me for the past three weeks, regained my energy as we visited the homeplace last Sunday. Honey does this pendulum reading of the chakras and through it, finds illness before it manifests, when it is still in the incubation stage in the emotions. He did a reading for me on Saturday and picked up on my super-low energy in some areas. His idea that I needed to reconnect with home and memory in order to get back on my feet, emotionally-speaking, paid off. I would still take a nap anytime a moment presents itself, but I'm not so tired now that all I want to do is sleep.
Evening: lots of magic today -- spells, prayers..
court case went better than expected,
but not better than the cards predicted,
didn't make it to the graduation ceremony,
and then there was no ceremony -- at least not for the Dooley,
Lots of birthdays today -- Sarah, Daneta, Melissa, Lisa.
Libby dropped by - she's reading a book called Wheat Belly on avoiding gluten.
I'm missing my kids,
I want our girl home from Philly.
I worked for awhile in the herb garden.
Reading tarot for S. I drew the 5 of fire in Osho's deck. Eight hours later, nothing is yet resolved and I shuffled the deck and drew again. First I got the card that told me what she was thinking and worrying about right then, 4 of earth -- what to do with her cherished things, especially those of fin and fur. And then I drew another card and it was 5 of fire -- Totality is what Osho calls the card.
All day, I distracted myself with Tai Chi. I practiced the bow and arrow stance -- hands crossed at the wrist, palm inward, Turn the hands as if unlatching them, rotating the left hand which points right clockwise and the right hand which points left counter clockwise. They are joined at the wrist. Still "attached" at the wrist, they turn palm outward and exhaling, I push them out, still hinged at the wrist. I turn them to line up, left closest, little finger against first finger of right hand, left palm facing right, right palm facing left. I inhale as I bring them in. Then the inner hand, closest to me, I form into the "witches blade" -- only this time, it's the arrow. Two fingers together and the small and ring finger forming a circle with the thumb. The right hand, further out, but touching the left, forms a fist. The right hand draws the bow and the left hand shoots the arrow. Then I return the arrow close and bring the bow hand in and both are flat again and I repeat -- only this time the right hand is the arrow and the left hand is the bow.
Went with Mark for ice cream -- I don't eat ice cream, so bought Italian ice instead -- this was to celebrate -- Sarah's birthday and the fact that things are not as bad as they could be.
My morning prayer -- one of them -- says: day's end reveals all is well.
Not all. Jen didn't make it to her own graduation. But at least all the Dooley's have roofs over them and walls around them tonight.
I want our girl home from Philly.
I want to see our girl who is newly 31.
I want to see Jen get her diploma and toss her graduation hat into the air while my honey and I sit between her bickering children.
But all is well. In reality, it's better than it could be. Hello walls, hello roof, hello little shelf that holds cherished books.
Today -- one day of the wavespell -- has been a wave all in itself.
Late night, I strummed the dulcimer a moment and the moment stretched. Honey took up his guitar and my sister sang and the music flowed until just past midnight. Songs like Shady Grove and Come By the Hills. I found a new way of playing and Addie Bell (my dulcimer) never sounded better.
No comments:
Post a Comment