Friday, May 25, 2012

people dropping by

This little girl says, "i could just live with you and you could teach me things." She spun a thread last time she was here. This time she learned the names of some of the herbs, found out how to use live-for-ever and plantain for the inevitable scrape.

She put my hula hoops out in the yard and hopped from one to the other. Yellow to Red to blue and then to the grass and she was saying, air to fire to water to earth, la,la,la,la,la,la earth". Her mom was impressed she knew what the colors meant. This is the little one who told me I was sweet and that I should never watch Nightmare on Elm street at night if I'm psychic.

Hot day -- the garden plants were hanging around out there with their tongues out. It was wonderful to give them all a long cool drink once the sun had left their space. The tomato plants don't look so good, but the peppers and basil and squash look great. I may have to plant some more tomatoes and I may not buy them from Ace. I might wait until I can get them from the farmer's market. Nice looking organicly grown heritage tomatoes.




No comments: